The Scott & White Health Plan
Our dedication to quality healthcare.
At Scott & White, it’s our pleasure to serve our patients and our community in every way possible. That’s why we’ve developed the Scott & White Health Plan (SWHP). It’s a non-profit health plan that covers over 240,000 members across 71 counties (all products) in Central Texas. From our hospitals to our health clinics, the SWHP is part of the Scott & White Healthcare system and the HMO, under a non-profit foundation.
We partner and build offices and pharmacies to support local organizations right here in our community. Through investing in programs and services like VitalCare, and medical services, we also help improve medical care for our members – as well as our whole community.
In addition, the Scott & White Health Plan has a unique relationship with the Scott & White Healthcare system. This relationship gives our members great access to valuable and quality medical coverage.
Some of the highlights of the Health Plan include:
- Scott & White Health Plan is one of the highest-ranked plans in Texas by NCQA’s Health Insurance Plan Rankings - 2010-11 Private.
- Scott & White Health Plan is the top-ranked plan in Texas by NCQA’s Health Insurance Plan Rankings - 2010-11- Medicare.
- “Excellent Accreditation” for Medicare Products 2000-2010 (National Committee for Quality Assurance).
- According to the Office of Public Insurance Counsel, (“Comparing Texas HMOs 2010”) SWHP has the highest rating of any Central Texas Health Maintenance Organization for the following: How Well Doctors Communicate
- Recognized by the Texas Diabetes Council for 5 consecutive years (2006 through 2010) for exceeding the Texas average in all six comprehensive diabetes care measures
- According to the Office of Public Insurance Counsel, (“Guide to Texas HMO Quality: 2010”) SWHP has the highest rating in Texas for the following:
- Childhood Immunization Combination 7, 8, 9 and 10
- Colorectal Cancer Screening
- Breast Cancer Screening
- Cholesterol Management: LDL-C Control (<100 mg/dL)
- Comprehensive Diabetes Care - the following submeasures:
- Poor HbA1c Control >9.0%
- HbA1c Control <8.0%
- Eye Exam
- LDL-C Control (<100 mg/dL)
- Diabetic Nephropathy (Kidney complications)
- Timeliness of Prenatal Care
- Board Certification - the following submeasures
- Family Medicine Board Certified Physicians
- Internal Medicine Board Certified Physicians
- Other Specialist Board Certified Physicians
Join the Scott & White Health Plan team. We recruit positions for Account Service Managers, Pharmacists, Patient Service Representatives, Staff Nurses and more. Click here to search for available opportunities.